Wednesday 12 June 2013

The beginnings

So, I decided to make a blog on my Ford Capri restoration. 

The plan is to strip the entire car down, to a bare shell, repair all the rust and holes (there will be ALOT) and then build it all back up with plenty of anti rust coating and a new lick of paint.

So, I won the car from Ebay for £800, which I didn't think was too bad for a 2.0l. As the car was in Swindon and had no MOT, tax or insurance, we had to hire a car transporter to pick it up...8hours after setting off, we were back with a Capri :D


The car transporter 


 

This was the condition of the car when I bought it, not brilliant but a good base for a project. Then engine had previously been reconditioned and only had 17862 miles on the clock, and when it's running sounds quiet and smooth. The gearbox and clutch are also brilliant: not what i was expecting when I got it. All was looking positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment