Wednesday 12 June 2013

And the work begins...

So I decided to start stripping down the Capri as soon as possible (11/06/13) 

First thing to do was remove the seats, dashboard, centre console, parcel shelf and any other interior trim pieces. 


Surprisingly most of the bolts and screws came out without a hitch which was a pleasant surprise, then once everything was out it was time to lift the carpet and see what horrors awaited underneath...



To my surprise, the damage wasn't as bad as I was expecting, considering the age of the car.
It had gone in the usual places, such as the floor pans and the lower rear wings but not as bad as I originally thought. The pictures do make it look quite bad, but believe me, this is really good.



Next, up after finding all (I hope) the rust, it was time to start removing the wiring loom, this all came out nicely and doesn't look in that bad condition, but will still be getting thoroughly checked over so I can be positive everything works fine.



Also whilst stripping out the interior and wiring loom, I managed to take a whole lot more wiring. I think a previous owner went abit overkill when wiring up after market speakers...


More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment